Do you want to create a music streaming app like Gaana? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll discuss the essential features of a music streaming app, the cost of development, and the benefits of hiring app development services. Keep reading to learn more!
What Is a Music Streaming App?
A music streaming app is a mobile application that allows users to listen to music on demand. As the name suggests, streaming apps allow users to access music as it’s being streamed live, as opposed to downloading songs or albums for offline playback.
This type of app has become increasingly popular in recent years as streaming services like Spotify, Gaana, and Apple Music have replaced traditional music downloads. In India, the music streaming market is dominated by Gaana, Wynk, and JioSaavn. Money consider the music streaming industry to be the next big money making cash app.
Music Streaming App: The Technology Stack You Need
If you are wondering how to develop a music streaming app, the first thing you need to do is identify the technology stack. In general it would include a back-end server, a front-end interface, and a music streaming engine.
- The back-end server would be responsible for storing and managing the user data and media files.
- The front-end interface would allow the users to browse and search for music, create playlists, and listen to music.
- The music streaming engine would be responsible for streaming the music to the users.
Let’s Discuss Your Project
Get a free consultation and let us know your project idea to turn it into an excellent digital product
98+ Client Retention
The Importance of a Good UX/UI Design for Music Streaming Apps
For your app to be successful, it is essential to make the user experience as smooth and simple as possible. Strive to achieve the ideal balance between usability and appeal. The user interface should be visually appealing while providing all the features users need to enjoy their music streaming experience.
It is also important to keep in mind the target audience when designing the UX/UI. For example, if your app is aimed at young users, you will need to make sure that it is colorful and fun while still being user-friendly.
UX/UI Design Tips for Music Streaming Apps
Wondering how to develop app like Ganna with a catchy UX? Follow these best practices:
- Use clear and concise labels. Make them easy to read and understand. Use simple, straightforward language that users will understand.
- Make use of icons and graphics. Icons and graphics can simplify complex tasks and make the app more user-friendly. Use icons and graphics that are easy to understand and match your app’s overall design.
- Pay attention to the details. Your app’s popularity will depend on the minutest of details. Ensure all your buttons and icons are properly aligned and all your text is legible.
- Use standard design principles. Design principles such as symmetry and contrast can make your app look more polished and professional. Use these principles to create a visually appealing and user-friendly interface.
Top Features to Include in a Music Streaming App Like Gaana
The next step is to chalk out the features that will be included in the app. Here are some of the top music streaming app features that you should consider:
1. An intuitive and easy-to-use interface
It makes the app more user-friendly. This means that users can navigate the app more easily and find the music they are looking for without hassle. Additionally, an easy-to-use interface will make the app more enjoyable, likely encouraging users to return to the app more often.
2. A wide range of music to choose from
It gives your app a huge user base with different music likings and tastes. It also keeps users engaged and returning to the app to explore new music. Consider adding a radio feature as well. In addition, many streaming apps offer radio stations curated by experts, so you can discover new music that you might not have heard otherwise.
3. The ability to create custom playlists
The app’s users want to be able to create playlists of their favorite songs or of songs that fit a certain mood or genre. The app’s users want to be able to create playlists for special occasions, like a party or a road trip. Whatever the reason, it’s clear that the ability to create custom playlists can be a valuable feature for a music streaming app.
4. Offline playback
Offline playback is a feature that allows users to listen to music they have downloaded even when they are not connected to the internet. This is a valuable feature for music streaming apps because it allows users to continue listening to their favorite songs even when they cannot access the internet.
5. The ability to share music with friends
There are a few reasons why a music streaming app should include the ability to share music with friends. First, it can help promote word-of-mouth marketing for the app.
Additionally, it can help users connect with each other and build social connections around their shared love of music. Finally, it can make the music streaming experience more fun and engaging.
6. Integrated music recognition software
It can be helpful for users who want to find out more information about a song they like or for users who want to add a song they hear on the app to their music library.
Another reason a music streaming app might need integrated music recognition software is to help users find new music. The software can recommend songs based on the songs a user has already listened to, which can help users discover new music they might enjoy.
7. A powerful search engine
A powerful search engine is a must if users are looking for a specific song and can’t remember the artist or title. Otherwise, they will spend hours scrolling through pages and results. A good search engine will allow users to search by artist, song title, album, or genre.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Music Streaming App?
Now that we’ve looked at the features of a Gaana-like app, let’s talk about music streaming app development costs.
The development cost of a music streaming app will depend on several factors, such as the features you want to include, the platform you want to build for (iOS, Android, or both), and whether you want to outsource the development or build it in-house.
Generally speaking, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50,000 to $250,000 for developing a music streaming app. Of course, this is just a rough estimate—the actual cost will ultimately depend on the specific features and functionality you want to include.
Gaana App Development Cost: Other Key Factors
There are two other key cost factors for music streaming app like Gaana. These include the cost of the music licenses and data usage.
The app itself may be free or have a fee, and the music licenses are paid to the artists and copyright holders who allow their music to be streamed. Data usage costs depend on how often the app is used and how much data is consumed.
Outsourcing Vs. In-House: For Developing a Music Streaming App
The next step is to determine if you want to outsource the development of your app or use in-house resources. If you have the budget, we recommend outsourcing the development to a professional custom app development company.
There are several advantages to outsourcing app development :
– You will have access to a team of experts with a lot of experience developing music streaming apps.
– They will be able to advise you on the best features to include in your app and how to develop them in the most efficient way possible.
– They will also be able to handle all of the technical aspects of the development process so that you can focus on other aspects of your business.
However, there are also some disadvantages to outsourcing app development:
– It can be expensive.
– You may have to adapt to different time zones
If you decide to use in-house resources for developing your app, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
– Make sure you have someone on your team who is experienced in developing music streaming apps.
– Make sure you know what features you want to include in your app and how you want them to work before starting the development process.
– Be prepared to handle all of the technical aspects of the development process yourself or delegate them to someone on your team.
Want to Launch Your Own App?
Convert Your Idea into Reality
98+ Client Retention
Best Approach to Launch a Successful Music Streaming App
When launching a successful music streaming app like ganaa, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. However, for a successful launch, take note of the following things:
First, it’s important to understand what you want your app to achieve clearly. What problem are you trying to solve? What need does your app fill? Once you have a clear vision for your app, you can start putting together a team of skilled developers who can bring your vision to life.
Getting the word out about your app and making it visible to your target audience is also important. You can do this through online advertising, social media platforms, and PR. Hire a professional agency if you don’t have the time or resources to invest in marketing.
Lastly, you must ensure your app delivers an amazing user experience. This means continual testing and refinement to ensure users get the most out of your app.
If you can tick all these boxes, you’ll be well on launching a successful music streaming app.
A Bried Recap
Developing a music streaming app like Gaana can be a great way to tap into the growing music streaming market. However, several features and development costs must be considered before getting started.
To develop a music streaming app like Gaana, you’ll need to consider features like user profiles, song playback, playlist creation, and more. You’ll also need to account for the costs of app development and design, as well as marketing and advertising.
By planning out your music streaming app, you can ensure that your app is successful and enjoyable for users.