The field of teledermatology has faced drastic improvements in overtimes. About twenty years ago it was started to reach patients in remote areas, but nowadays it is also used for convenient medical care. This expectation of more convenient care led to the rise of telehealth/telemedicine software development companies.
Telemedicine owes its existence to various forms of communication like radio, telephone, telegraph, and internet. These communication media has a big hand in the development of telemedicine market. Today telemedicine field is changing at a rapid rate. The advancement of telemedicine is directly related to the advancement in technology. By far this must be clear to you that what telemedicine is, let’s now look at How Telemedicine Become Beneficial For Dermatologists.
BENEFITS OF TELEMEDICINE TO DERMATOLOGISTS
- Convenient and accessible: It is more convenient as it solves the mobility issue as well as it is free from time and geographical barriers. Many dermatologists are opting for telemedicine as it offers patients 24/7 access to medical care. It has made the healthcare delivery model more convenient for patients.
- Increased reach to consult from specialists: For a person located in remote or small areas where the reach to dermatologists is limited, telemedicine increases there an area of choice. For example, a person living in Shimla can consult to a dermatologist living in Kerala with the help of telemedicine software.
- Better quality patient care: Telemedicine makes it easier between patients and doctors to follow up with each other. Patients’ queries are responded when called upon. It is quick and reliable access to quality healthcare.
- Discounted Treatment Costs: Dermatology Telemedicine helps to reduce treatment costs for both dermatologists and their patients. It reduces the cost of traveling as patients can be treated remotely. It also saves the time of both the persons concerned.
- Increased Patient Engagement: When your patients are engaged in their healthcare routine it encourages them to opt for healthy lifestyle choices. Patients can get themselves engaged with telemedicine and can schedule appointments, check their current treatment position, health improvements, etc.
- Competitive Advantage: There are vast numbers of dermatologists out there in the market. But for patients to choose you, you need to differentiate yourself from other dermatologists. You can get yourself assimilated with the latest technology like telemedicine. With telemedicine, you can increase your reach among patients, both physically and digitally. It leads to more flexible, convenient and creates a win-win situation for both patient and doctor.
Read Also: What is FHIR? Know About Smart On FHIR
WHAT SERVICES TELEDERMATOLOGY OFFER
You must be wondering what services must be provided by teledermatology; Well it can be used for a wide variety of health services. Teledermatology services can range widely by specialty.
Below is a list of common conditions a primary care doctor may treat via telemedicine:
- Dermatitis and eczema
- Fungal Infections
- Hair Disorders
- Nail Problems
HOW DOES TELEMEDICINE WORK FOR DERMATOLOGISTS?
While you were reading this a question is clicking in your head that how does telemedicine software work. Below is a diagrammatic representation of how telemedicine software works.
IS TELEMEDICINE SUCCESSFUL FOR DERMATOLOGIST?
According to a study by the American Academy of Dermatology’s recent annual meeting, it was reported that patients visiting dermatologist through telemedicine are supposed to receive same or to some extent better treatment than visiting doctor’s office physically.
Because of teledermatology, people are getting regular access to a dermatologist and they are becoming more concerned about their health. There is various telemedicine software designed to meet different requirements such as real-time telemedicine (for live video conferencing), remote patient monitoring (for tracking patient’s vital data from a distance), “Store-and-Forward” Practices (for sharing reports and other information). Through these telemedicine softwares, it is meeting everyone’s requirements and is welcomed by dermatologists.
What We Have…
DreamSoft4U is proud to introduce its application “VCDoctor” which is specially designed for the dermatologist to cater to the needs of public health support and medical care using mobile phones and other wireless technology.
VCDoctor, A Telemedicine Application where patients can do video-conference, book appointments, get treatment by having a video-conference with you and the cherry on the top is that the medicines will be sent directly at patient’s address.
Following are the facilities you can get with VCDoctor:
- Photos of the affected area: (Images (Close up photo, Body area, Overview ) Video (less than 1 MB) – around 15 to 20 maximum images
- Prescriptions – with Print to PDF option
- The doctor could able to see all images uploaded by the patient.
- The doctor could send a Diagnosis report, prescription, and follow up report to the patient against each store and forward requests.
- Prescription to be able to assign to any of the pharmacies according to patient choice/patient location
- Disease and epidemic outbreak tracking
- Healthcare supply chain management
- Remote data collection
- Home-based remote patient monitoring
- Healthcare worker telecommunication and training
- Chronic disease management
- SMS alerts
- Emergency response systems
Isn’t it great that with this you can have a reach among patients who are sitting in any part of the world? This will save your time, effort and space.
This is an easy to use application.
Want to enroll yourself with VCDoctor then download the application from Google play store and iOS store.
For further details you can reach us at:
Phone No.: +1-949-340-7490