DSC.NET Development offers to develop web solutions on the .net framework using VB.net. VB.net is an object oriented programming language, developed by Microsoft and is an enhancement of the Visual Basic Programming language. VB.net is available on the .net framework and includes a host of features that aid in and simply the process of web development.
Typically, Visual Basic was used only to develop client-server applications and not web based applications. However with the advent of VB.net developers can build web applications, desktop applications as well as applications for mobile devices. Although VB.net is an enhancement to Visual Basic it does not support backward compatibility with VB.
VB.net includes a host of features, some of which are mentioned below:
Object Oriented VB.net is an object oriented programming language. All applications are made up of objects. Being an object oriented language, VB.net provides support for features such as inheritance, polymorphism, etc among others.
GUI forms designer VB.net provides a visual forms designer that makes simplifies the creation of web forms. Developers can drag and place elements to design a form.
Rapid Application Development VB.net is a rapid application development tool. It includes enhanced features that help in coding faster and more efficiently. Features such as enhanced IntelliSense, smart listing of code for greater readability etc is provided.
Support for Mobile Applications VB.net offers support for developing applications meant for mobile devices such as PDAs, mobile phones etc. VB.net provides support for WML, cHTML and HTML. It provides support for Microsoft .net Compact Framework enabling the creation of dynamic and robust applications for pocket PCs and other hand held devices.
Following are the advantages of VB.net:
- Build manage applications more efficiently. Multiple versions of a file can be maintained
- VB.net can access all the features of the .net framework.
- Since VB.net is object oriented, code components can be reused.
- VB.net has strong exception handling techniques.
- Provides support for XML web services.
- VB.net provides a HTML editor that helps in the development of web applications.
- Using VB.net applications can be built faster with in-built features such as auto formatting of code, enhanced object browser etc.
At DSC.NET Development, we use the VB.net programming language to develop a whole range of web applications, including (among others) the following:
- E-commerce applications
- Travel Portals
- Real Estate Portals
- Education and Training Solutions
- Entertainment Websites
- Social Networking Websites
- Finance Applications
- Healthcare Applications